Outlook Tasks and Create Outlook Item all greyed out
matthew
2009-04-29 21:21:01 UTC
I'm running OneNote 2007 and Outlook 2007 on Windows Server 2003 OS.

If I select Tools > Create Outlook Item, the two menu choices (create
aptment, create contact) are greyed out.
If I select Insert > Outlook Task, all menu choices are greyed out.
If I show Outlook Task toolbar, all toolbar items are greyed out.

It seems that all OneNote to Outlook capability is disabled.
How can I correct this?

thanks
Erik Sojka (MVP)
thanks
matthew
thanks
Steve Murphy
2009-08-18 02:47:01 UTC
I have the same problem but Office Diagnostics tool found no problems to fix.
Even the New Page is grayed out, as are Options. Very little works.
I have Office 2007 SP2, Vista Ultimate 64-bit.
Just installed OneNote today and updated wih SP2. Click the 'Send to
OneNote' button in Outlook, this pops up: "The OneNote add-in cannot connect
to OneNote. Make sure that OneNotge add-ins are enabled in the Add-Ins
category of the OneNote application options" What application options?
OneNote Add-in is enabled in Outlook add-ins. Options in OneNote is grayed
out.
thanks
Rainald Taesler
2009-08-20 01:51:45 UTC
Rick Tech
2023-03-07 16:19:50 UTC
Post by Rainald Taesler
Run a "Repair" for both (OneNote and Outlook) from the Control Panel.*)
Rainald
*) "Add or Remove Software" (XP)
Post by matthew
I'm running OneNote 2007 and Outlook 2007 on Windows Server 2003 OS.
If I select Tools > Create Outlook Item, the two menu choices
(create aptment, create contact) are greyed out.
If I select Insert > Outlook Task, all menu choices are greyed out.
If I show Outlook Task toolbar, all toolbar items are greyed out.
It seems that all OneNote to Outlook capability is disabled.
How can I correct this?
thanks
One note: outlook task is greyed out.
File/Options/ Quick access toolbar/ outlook task/ add/ ok
IT should appear

Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)
2009-04-30 17:22:55 UTC
Have you tried running Office Diagnostics? (Help Menu)

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP