How do I stop OneNote from creating a table when I use TAB Key?
Gags
2008-09-10 04:09:01 UTC
If I am in the middle of a line of text and want to tab over before I type
more text (for formatting purposes) OneNote automatically creates a table.
This feature is infuriating to me and I cannot figure out how to turn it off.
John Waller
2008-09-10 08:43:05 UTC
Try
http://blogs.msdn.com/olya_veselova/archive/2008/04/07/workaround-for-turning-off-the-tab-key-creating-a-table-instead-of-a-regular-tab-in-onenote.aspx
--
Regards

John Waller
unknown
2008-09-10 23:05:01 UTC
You might find the table format with no borders in OneNote a cleaner and more
predictable formatter for this kind of information/text display than the old
typewriter version of Tab. Lining up things is not a good fit for OneNote, as
it s not designed to make formatted documents. It's not aimed at being a
light-duty version of Word.

Just a thought.

Jonathan
b***@gmail.com
2014-06-19 20:50:37 UTC
Ugh, this is *so* not a feature at all.

I've created a pie chart to demonstrate how much I wish to use tabbing for tables/spreadsheets in my notes. The fact I can't disable this "feature" is FRUSTRATING.