my one note 2007 cache file is unable to be accessed
r***@gmail.com
2015-05-06 11:09:24 UTC
Every day even after i have repaired the folder by deleting the old cache and letting it rebuild by reopening the folders subsequently. it happens even when the system is not in use but the program is open. i am using .net framework 4.0. After I repair it it works until the next morning and then the error message greets me when I turn on the screen.By the way we are sharing our one note files and all parties were getting the error at first. After the fix you suggested,that we all knew about and that we all tried 2 of the 5 five people using one note stopped getting the error, and 2 only get it every other day while I get it every day.
j***@gmail.com
2015-05-08 08:32:17 UTC
To recover your information from a section file backup, do one of the following:
* If the damage to your information is minor, copy and paste the missing or damaged information from a backup copy of the section file to the repaired section file. To do this, follow these steps:
1. With the repaired section open, on the Help menu, click Open Backup.
2. In the File Open dialog box, click one of the pre-repair backup files, and then click Open.

Note You may have multiple pre-repair backup files. Select the file with the latest file date and time when you to try to recover your missing or damaged information. If this file does not give you the information that you must have, try a different file.
3. Select the backup section file that you must have, and then click Open.

Note You now have two sections that appear have the same name. However, if you rest your mouse pointer over the section tab that you opened, the ToolTip for the section tab will have "(backup)" as part of the section name.
4. In the backup section, select the information that is missing in your repaired section.
5. On the Edit menu, click Copy.
6. In the repaired section that contains the damaged or missing information, put the insertion point where you want the replacement information to appear, and then click Paste on the Edit menu.
7. Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 until you have replaced the information that is missing in your repaired section.
8. While you have the backup section open, click Close on the File menu.
* If the information in your damaged section is extensive, delete the damaged section file and then open a copy of your backup section file. To do this, follow these steps:
1. With the repaired section open, right-click the section's tab, and then click Delete.
2. Click Yes when you are prompted with the following:
Are you sure you want to delete the following file?
3. On the Help menu, click Open Backup.
4. In the File Open dialog box, click one of the pre-repair backup files, and then click Open.

Note You may have multiple pre-repair backup files. Select the file that has the latest file date and time when you try to recover your missing or damaged information. If this file does not give you the information that you must have, try a different file.
5. Select the backup section file that you must have, and then click Open.
6. Quit and then restart OneNote.
7. When you restart OneNote, the section that you recovered from your backup section file will be named "Section_Name (Backup)".

To change the section name back to its original name, right-click the section tab, and then click Rename. Type the original name of your section, and then click OK.
* To recover your information from a section file backup in OneNote 2007, follow these steps:
1. On the File menu, click Open Backup.
2. Select the information section to open, and then click Open.
3. Click and hold the section tab, and then drag the section to an existing notebook.

Note Backup copies of notebooks are located in the following folder in Windows Vista:
C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\12.0\Backup

If nothing of this didn't assist you, then I would suggest you https://onenote.recoverytoolbox.com/ Recovery Toolbox for OneNote